Tuesday, July 16, 2013

BLUE SKY BLUES

credit to whomever the genius is who made this photo

If you know me at all, you know how much I love making playlists. It probably stems from when I was ten years old and used to make hundreds of mix CDs for my portable CD player. I must admit that even though I'm still a Spotify n00b, I think it's pretty rad that I can make playlists for people without having to homeshare my iTunes or waste my hard-earned money on blank discs. So may I present to you all: S U M M E R  V I B E S  2 K 1 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (click that)

My playlists have a tendency to be extremely all over the place. In order to somewhat anchor myself, I chose some tunes that not only have a happy/summer-esque feeling but also blatant and super cliché lyrical references to summer/the sun/the beach/all that good stuff. Which I will even list here. (Laughed so much when I had to pick lyrics from "Summer Girls" by LFO to type out.)

Listen to this by a pool with a giant glass of lemonade. Or in your air conditioned bedroom with your windows closed if that's your thing.

x


  1. "Lust For Life" - Girls
    Oh I wish I had a suntan
    I wish I had a pizza & a bottle of wine
    I wish I had a beach house
    And we could make a big fire every night

  2. "Naked Kids" - Grouplove
    The water feels nice, dive deep down under
    Where ships and treasures may creep
    Just one of those days, sky blue, perfect wave
    Come out & join, you'll see

  3. "Kiss Cam" - Arkells
    True love never needed luxury
    Our love never needed any pretty scenery
    And we embraced the summer heat
    And those walks that took forever through suburban streets

  4. "Old White Lincoln" - The Gaslight Anthem
    And I can feel it comin' up as the night's gettin' warm
    I saw your summer dress hangin' on the back of the lawn
    Like a dream I remember from an easier time
    With the top rolled down on a Saturday night

  5. "King of the Beach" - Wavves
    Let the sun burn my eyes
    Let it burn my back
    Let it sear through my thighs
    I'll peel wide wide open

  6. "The Only Place" - Best Coast
    Why would you live anywhere else?
    We've got the ocean, got the babes
    Got the sun, we've got the waves
    This is the only place for me

  7. "Summer Girls" - LFO
    In the summertime girls got it goin' on
    Shake and wiggle to a hip-hop song
    Summertime girls are the kind I like
    I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike

  8. "Summer in the City" - Freedom Fry
    No more raining on this lonely town
    Summer comes around when you really want it
    Immortalized, young forever now
    Come on & spend the summer with me

  9. "Holiday" - Vampire Weekend
    But if I wait for a holiday
    Could it stop my fears?
    To go away on a summer's day
    Never seemed so clear

  10. "Santa Monica" - Everclear
    We can live beside the ocean
    Leave the fire behind
    Swim out past the breakers
    Watch the world die

  11. "Holiday from Real" - Jack's Mannequin
    Ohh, California in the summer
    Ahh, & my hair is growing long
    Fuck yeah, we can live like this
    But if you left it up to me, every day would be a holiday from real

  12. "Backstreets" - Bruce Springsteen
    One soft infested summer me & Terry became friends
    Trying in vain to breathe the fire we was born in
    Catching rides to the outskirts tying faith between our teeth
    Sleeping in that old abandoned beach house, getting wasted in the heat

No comments:

Post a Comment